Saturday, October 5, 2013

Thoughts for a Quiet Saturday Evening

Sometimes when it's quiet and nothing much is on the TV, I fantasize about all kinds of things: what I'd do if I won a big lottery, things I'd change about my life if I got a Do-Over, places I want to visit, other jobs I might have done had I not taught.  You get the picture, things you think about before drifting off to sleep.

Today I was thinking about things I wish would be invented.

Besides the obvious, such as a car that gets 75 mpg or a safer source of energy than nuclear power, I was thinking of little things that would be so enjoyable.

I wish there was a patch like the smoker's patch that one could wear to control appetite and/or the desire to eat for the sake of eating.  I'd wear one even if the only effective place to put it was on my forehead.

I'd like to see shoes sold as singles.  Lots of people have one foot bigger than the other.  I have a terrible time finding comfortable shoes.  My left foot is about a half size bigger than my right foot.  If one foot is comfy, the other is sliding in the shoe.  If my right foot fits well, my left shoe may pinch.  I have lots of shoes, but only a few I like to wear.

I wish there was a formula or a polish that I could put on my nails that would really do what Sally Hansen falsely claims her products do.  I wish I could paint on something to actually make my nails strong enough to grow past the fingertips. I can get my nails to do that, but they will soon catch or split or break.  I won't use acrylics since the time I got a terrible infection.  I want a product that does the job without poisoning the body.  Surely a scientist could brew such a formula!

I wish there was an alarm clock that could hit its own snooze alarm.  And then after a certain number of snoozes, could reach over and gently shake you awake.  Oh, and yes, I'd want the ability to program my name and the voice waking me up.  I'd be happier to get out of bed if Dennis Quaid was saying, "Get up Barbara darlin'."

That's all.  Simple things to make life a bit better.

Because seriously, if someone could find solutions to the big problems in life, well, what would we complain about on Facebook?









3 comments:

  1. I wonder if Sally Hansen is a real person? I bet she bites her nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd want a Barry White wake up call...you know baby, they say sometimes...too much of a good thing, is just never enough...(click 5 min. Snooze)... My darling I, can't get enough of your love, (click 5 more minutes)...until I feel beautiful enough to get up ;)

    ReplyDelete