Thursday, January 23, 2014

How cold is it?

I rarely get cold.  This winter, though, I have been freezing.  My last electric bill was almost $250, and that was before the Polar Vortex hit.  I may have to get a part-time job to pay this month's bill.  Because, guess what friends who refuse to visit my arctic home in the winter?  I have turned up the heat, and it runs constantly.

 I am still freezing.

This evening I tried to read a book, but I was too cold to concentrate.  I held my heating pad close to my chest.  The space heater tried to warm my feet.  I huddled under the fleece blanket.  Finally, I made a cup of tea and that helped. Kinda.....

 I am still freezing.

So I am going to bed where I can turn my electric blanket up to high, wear the soft pajamas that my friend Pat gave me a few years ago, and pull on some thick socks.  I'm not getting out of that bed until the sun shines through my windows and warms the house a few degrees.

Yep, I may be freezing, but I'm retired and I can sleep long enough for the sun to heat my house.  And that thought just warms my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment