Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Introduction

A long time ago I remember wondering what kind of people would spill their private guts in a public blog.  The answer, of course, was/is my kind of people.  Me, in particular.

The cartoon character, Maxine, reminds me of me.  We are both old and cranky and highly opinionated.  We can be funny, we can be sharp, but neither of us is afraid to tell it like it is.

I chose my title because I muse over life.  Now, that I'm retired, I have a lot of time to engage in such musing.  I float on my back at the pool, musing about the sky, the trees, the lives of the people who think I can't hear them talking.  At my advanced age, I am very familiar with insomnia...and that presents a few more hours in the day to muse.  I think about everything, all the time.

However, I want the general tone of my blog to be amusing, funny, ya know LOL.  I love to laugh. I love it when people laugh with me. 

I'm nervous about sharing a blog.  I'm known to be a funny person and a good writer.  What happens if my readers think I'm a lousy writer and not funny at all?  I guess I'll find out, won't I?

3 comments:

  1. BARB, you are very funny and a great writer( you should be with that much time put in)I enjoyed your blog! don't let my take on which way we are heading with government to influence our friendship. we just must agree to disagree, love ya DERRICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I have friends of all political persuasions. You and your sister will always be dear to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blog on this site also Barbara but have not written anything in ages. Glad to find yours.

    ReplyDelete