Saturday, September 22, 2012

Laundry Day

I love to hang my laundry out on the clothesline.  Yes, I love the fresh clean smell.  But mostly, frugal me loves saving electricity.  I bought the clothesline the spring after I moved in.  It only took twenty years for my brother to install it.

When I bought my house, I had great ideas for it.  I'd landscape a huge English garden.  That never happened; weeds are not pretty and they seem to thrive in my soil.  After that, I'd put in a swimming pool (yes, my yard is that big.) As you know from my last post, the pool never happened.  Sometimes I regret missing the opportunity to hire a handsome pool boy. Picture someone like Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise Hmmmm... but I digress.  The reality of it was, the only yard work I did was lawn mowing, lots and lots of lawn mowing, a half acre of lawn mowing.  First with a push mower, then with a self-propelled push mower, and finally a riding mower I rode like a motorcycle.  When I broke my leg, I hired a local guy to mow and I haven't looked back since.  However, he presents a problem when it comes to hanging out my laundry.

Underwear. 

He doesn't always tell me ahead of time when he's coming to mow.  It was pretty embarrassing the day I looked out my kitchen window to see him weedwacking amidst the undies.  I wear granny panties.  My lawn mower guy shouldn't have to know that.  I remember a friend of mine who used to hang out her laundry.  The neighborhood perv kid would call her and in a raspy breath say that he could see her underwear.  Ugh.  I try to hide my rows of bleached clean undies between a row of towels and a row of shorts and shirts.  So you probably can't see them (much) unless of course you have to stoop under them to weedwack around the laundry pole.

Ok world!  Yes, this former middle school teacher wears underpants.  Deal with it!!  If there was no lingerie hanging on the lines, you know what that would mean.  I think the image of my going commando would be far more horrifying.

Enjoy today's sunshine and sweet breeze!  If you have the time and own the line, give your clothes a taste of this gorgeous weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment