Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Let's Just Talk About the Weather

It's sunny and warm today.  It will be in the 60's at high noon.  On a December day in Maryland, that's not the norm.  But, I love it!

I hate the winter, not because of the snow, or even the ice.  I hate the grey.  Grey skies.  Grey rain.  Grey fog.  Days like that just whip the emotional sunshine out of me.

There are predictions swirling the media that we are in for a difficult winter.  It is supposed to be very cold and very snowy.  Supposedly the caterpillars are already dressed in their winter coats. 

I'm finding those reports hard to believe.  Last year was the mildest winter I ever experienced in the mid-Atlantic states.  I think our biggest snow was the one that coated the Halloween decorations that October.  It's the middle of December, and I have yet to see a single snow flake.  Sure feels like a repeat of last year's weather.

Today I will wear my lightweight jeans, a T-shirt, and my favorite denim jacket.  And, I'll try to remember that Christmas is but a week away.  Most likely, it won't look like the snowy scenes on the cards in my basket.  But that's ok, as long as it stays sunny.

I will need the warmth of the sun, the optimism of a sunny day, and the healthy boost of Vitamin D to lighten my heart this Christmas season.  This has been a tough Advent.

Merry sunny Christmas to all!


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Loved getting some sunny days. Especially after all the foggy, dark days we've had!

    ReplyDelete