Monday, May 25, 2015

A Message from Above?

The strangest thing happened to me yesterday.  Where better to share than on my blog?

When I left my sister's house, I decided to use that handy dandy feature on my car's dashboard called "TRAF." I know that it uses the radio to search for traffic problems, but I never used it before so I wasn't sure how it worked.   Since we're talking holiday weekend, I pushed the button.

The radio searched and the words "SEEK TRAF" flickered as it did its job. However, I glanced over when I could see out of the corner of my eye that the words had stopped flashing. A song was playing and these words appeared where the flickering words had been, "PRAY TO GOD."

In my typical fashion, I responded with, What the hell?

Not one to take chances, I immediately prayed.  Then I listened to the music, figuring I'd stumbled across a Christian music station that could somehow channel its message onto my radio screen. No, just a regular old station. So, I pushed the traffic button again, and the radio started its search.  It stopped on a few stations, but never again during the ninety minute ride home did that particular message appear.

So I ask you, what happened?  Did I indeed get a message from above? Was it a message for me alone? Am I supposed to share this message with the rest of the world?  Has something like that ever happened to anyone else?

I don't mess with God; I need Him too much.  So I prayed, for clear roads, safe travels, family, friends, and the health of those close to me.  And if I have motivated you to say a prayer or two, can you spare one for my brother as he begins a serious battle with cancer?  And one for his family who are preparing to fight this with him?

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment